Many of my original pieces are for sale and I occasionally have time for a commission--just ask!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Newest Colored Pencil Work in Progress


So, here is the beginnings of a piece for an upcoming show. The show is called Cheesebugah, Cheesebugah, Cheesebugah; and is to display pieces using the old Saturday Night Live skit of the Greek restaurant that served only Cheesebugahs, cheeps, and Pepsi. The artist/gallery sponsoring this show is using this to welcome a new burger joint to the city, hoping that ultimately a few of the pieces will eventually hang in the restaurant.

So far, this has been a fun challenge. First of all, I got to take the time to watch some of the old skits to get a feel for what I wanted to do with this piece. And as always, the black paper is an especially fun challenge for me. It’s always interesting playing around with the way that the colors play off of the black, working to find just the right mix!

This is my progress so far. This is about 10 X 13 and is Prismacolor colored pencils on Canson Artagain black paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment