Many of my original pieces are for sale and I occasionally have time for a commission--just ask!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Art, Another Beginning

The great majority of men are bundles of beginnings. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

And so it goes, . . . beginning again. Sometimes the Universe has a way of intruding into our best laid plans. In the past year I have done a little more work, I have entered some pieces into local shows. I won a 2nd place for the vampire piece entitled, “The Watcher”. I had a colored pencil piece, “On the Haunted Trail” and a photo, “Afraid” accepted into a juried show. “Afraid” won 3rd place. So, even with some setbacks, I have also made some forward progress. Hopefully I am back now and will be keeping up with my blog and with readers as well.






I will get back to the piece in progress of my daughter’s family, but for now I am inspired by childhood. Remember getting a brand new box of crayons at the beginning of a new school year?


I love the smell of crayons, the look of them; shiny, brand new, untouched; just a bundle of infinite possibility sitting there, waiting, . . . this is where I will begin again, . . . at the beginning! I will try to show you the process and the progress as I go along.

For now, I leave you with another quote:
For a sailor to sail around the world, the thought is just, sometimes, too much. Thus, one simply goes from port to port in the same direction. (Hal Moore)

No comments:

Post a Comment