Many of my original pieces are for sale and I occasionally have time for a commission--just ask!

Friday, January 30, 2009

A Work in Progess




A work in progress in more ways than one!! This week I'm trying out a new paper, well new to me! It's Canson MiTientes. It has a slight texture to it and is a little lighter weight than I'm used to.




This is a portrait of my daughter, her husband, and their cat. I'll post updates as I do them. I've had a little trouble getting started on this new paper. I usually draw with very little pressure and build up many transparent layers, but this paper requires a little 'heavier hand'. Each new piece, no matter how many have come before, is a new learning experience.




Well, . . . back to the drawing board! I'm hoping to finish this and enter it into the CPSA (Colored Pencil Society of America) show at the end of March.


No comments:

Post a Comment